1 8-oz package of cream cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1 small loaf of French bread
Fresh herbs for garnish
Fresh edible flowers for garnish
1) In a medium bowl, blend together the cream cheese and chives (a hand mixer works well for this).
2) Slice the loaf of bread on the diagonal. Spread each piece with the cream cheese mixture. Arrange the herbs and flowers on top.
3) Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for a few hours. You’ll want to wait to garnish the sandwiches with the herbs and flowers until just before serving.
- * I’m sure you already know this, but it’s best to use flowers that are free from pesticides. You never know what they might have sprayed on them if they aren’t meant to be eaten.
- * Here, here, and here are lists of flowers that are edible.
- * If you want a sandwich that is a bit heartier, you can add a slice of prosciutto or ham on top of the cream cheese.
Image/Recipe via Buttered Side Up Blog
follow us @What_A_Bloom