With Back to School season upon us, most families are starting to stock up on school supplies and snacks for the kiddos. Here’s a healthy and inexpensive snack option you can make yourself (and you probably have all the ingredients already!):
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant!)
- 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup Safflower or Canola oil
- 1 cup of mixed of any of the following: chopped nuts, dried fruits (chopped), shredded coconut, seeds, coca nibs/chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until just moist. Press hard and compactly into an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before you cut into bars or squares.