With summer winding down, it’s time to get excited for Back to School shopping, apple cider, crisp mornings, falling leaves and fall flowers. When the mums start popping up in grocery and home and garden stores, we know that fall is right around the corner. Keep your mums looking beautiful all year long (and longer!) with this great wreath DIY:
- Flowers (in this case, fall colours were selected)
- Grapevine wreath
- Crafting Wire
- Wire cutters
- Burlap ribbon (or ribbon of choice)
1. Using wire cutters, cut an 18-inch piece of wire for each flower.
2. Take the flower heads off the stems (should come apart easily).
3. Ease your cut wire under the plastic piece on the back of your flower and twist so that the left side goes to the right and the right side goes to the left.
4. To anchor your flower, place it on the wreath and wrap the wire around the wreath in opposite directions. Twist the wire tightly shut.
5. Repeat with the remaining flowers.
Martha Stewart: eat your heart out. Visit Inspired RD for the original post of this lovely DIY.