Hoaky? Maybe. But the thought of throwing a huge party and getting presents more than once every year is pretty appealing! This year, decorate for your own Christmas in July party in style via this festive ribbon Poinsettia tutorial:
- Red velvet ribbon
- Gold braided ribbon
1. Cut three strips from the red velvet ribbon. Recommended: 3.5 – 4 inches long (about 10 cm).
2. Cut the tips of the ribbon into points.
3. Press in the center of the ribbon with your thumb,while you use your pointer fingers to fold down the outside edges.
4. Gather two more ribbon snippets and pinch them in the center. Gather them side by side with the third snipped you have pinched.
5. Take a pre-cut piece of the braided gold ribbon and tie around all three “petals”.
6. Take your pointer finger and push from the bottom near the knot in order to ‘spread’ each petal.
Viola! There you have it. You can add these pretty Poinsettia lookalikes to virtually anything, like these gorgeous blue bottles!
Credit: Mike via Blue Velvet Chair