This ice cold tutorial from Pitchfork Diaries is a great way to jazz up your last spring/early summer bevs, even something as simple as water!
- Ice Cube Tray
- Filtered Water
- Selection of small flower buds, pre-rinsed
Source: The Green Girl
- Wash flowers carefully and thoroughly.
- In an ice cube tray, pour the slightest amount of water to just cover the bottom (which will be the top) surface. Place your flowers in, facing the bottom (so ultimately right-side-up) touching the thin layer of water as much as possible.
- Place trays in the freezer, until the first layer is solid. Remove from freezer, and top with a bit more water and another layer of flowers, if desired, or fill completely.
- Return ice cube trays to the freezer until frozen and ready to use.
Other brilliant ideas from Pitchfork Diaries:
- For this recipe, clear drinks work best.
- For lemonade, you can use flowers from mint, lemon verbena, chamomile, lemon balm, lavender, and even thyme.
- For mojitos, try mint leaves and flowers in the ice cubes.
- For iced tea, try mint, chamomile, apple blossoms, rose petals and rose hips.