Father’s Day Recipe: Ice Cream Sandwiches!
With Father’s Day around the corner, the staff at Flower Blog know he’s probably going to enjoy spending the day watching sports, grilling out, and spending time with his family. This year, make him something delicious for Dad’s Day: Ice Cream Sandwiches! This kid-friendly recipe from Kraft Recipes is quick, easy, and a delicious way to say, “Happy Father’s Day!”
- 3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 24 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- 3/4 cup of Dad’s favourite toppings: sprinkles, cookie crumbs, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- SPREAD 1/4 cup ice cream onto flat side of each of 12 cookies. Cover with remaining cookies to make 12 sandwiches.
- ROLL edges in sprinkles.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and FREEZE 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- VARIATION: Prepare using your favorite flavor of ice cream, sherbet or frozen yogurt. You can even use different premade cookies or make your own!
- MAKE AHEAD: These cool treats are perfect for making ahead of time. Simply prepare as directed, wrap in plastic wrap and store in freezer for up to 1 month.