Technically a cordial, this lovely Lavender Lemonade recipe from Inn Brooklyn is delicious beyond words!
Credit: Lucia Paul
Lavender Lemonade (makes 4-5 pints)
- 6 cup sugar
- Zest of 6 citrus, in large pieces of peel
- 4 cups fresh citrus juice
- 2 cup water
- 2 cups lavender buds
- In a large pot bring sugar, zest, juice, and water to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the lavender and let the syrup infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Meantime prepare your canning jars.
- Strain syrup through a fine sieve, squeezing out as much syrup as possible from the herb leaves before discarding them.
- Boiling water process for 10 minutes.
Serve with vodka and a splash of soda water, or just soda water if you prefer!
This recipe looks refreshing and delicious, a great bev for the beginning of spring!