I’ve seen packages of crackers made entirely out of parmesan in the grocery stores and simply loved the idea! But they were always a little pricy for my liking (6 bucks for 12 crackers? Pass.) Luckily I found this awesome recipe to make my OWN delectable cheese crackers and since I’m such a giving person, I thought I’d share with my friends at Flower Blog! Images and content compliments of cherry tea cakes.
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated Romano cheese or Parmesan Romano blend
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon basil buds
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons water
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse until it forms a coarse meal.
2. On a work surface, knead the dough until it is just combined. Form into a log about one inch in diameter. Chill the dough, wrapped in the wax paper, for 1 hour, or until it is firm enough to slice.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the dough into rather thin slices, arrange the slices 1 inch apart on wax paper. Cover with a second sheet of wax paper. Using a rolling pin, roll each piece until very thin.
4. Carefully move to parchment-lined baking sheets, and bake them in batches in the middle of the oven for 8 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges. Remove from heat and allow to cool long enough to be flipped over carefully.
5. Put the trays back in to the oven for another 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Transfer the crackers carefully with a spatula to a rack, let them cool fully.
**If you have a tutorial you would like to see featured on our website, please email Flower Blog here**