Oh man, Flower Blog has hit the jackpot with this amazing recipe! Check it out:
For the filling:
- 1-1/2 cups of Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 tsp Seasoning salt
- 3 tbs Minced fresh basil or 1 tsp -dried basil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 clove of minced garlic
1. Mix Ricotta with Parmesan, basil, garlic, and lemon zest. Season to taste. Fill a zip lock bag with cheese mixture.
2. Cut a tip off the bag large enough to squeeze out the cheese mixture. Being very careful not to tear the flower, gently squeeze the cheese mixture into each zucchini flower.
3. Put these in the refrigerator and let them cool.
For the batter:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
1. Pour about 3 inches of oil in a deep pan and heat to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat the egg yolks and pour in the cold water; mix to combine. Add the flour and mix until the batter is like a thick pancake batter.
3. Dip 2 or 3 zucchini flowers (depending on the size) at a time in the batter to coat completely. Fry the flowers in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes until crisp and a nice golden brown.
4. Drain the fried flowers on a plate or cookie sheet with paper towels, season with salt and pepper while they are still hot.
5. Serve 2-3 covered with pasta sauce and some finely-grated Parmesan cheese.
Credit: images and content from cook-eat-love
**If you have a tutorial you would like to see featured on our website, please email Flower Blog here**